For many people, warm rolls belong on a well-laid breakfast table. For a low-carbohydrate diet, low-carb quark rolls are a delicious alternative! Try our recipe!
Ingredients for quick quark rolls
- 6 medium-sized eggs
- 350 g low-fat quark
- Grain mix (any seeds, e.g. sunflower seeds)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of baking powder
Honey (or sugar as an alternative) can be added for a sweet variant
Preparation of the low-carb buns
- Preheat the oven to about 180 ° C (fan-assisted) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Separate egg yolks and whites. Mix the egg yolks with quark and sweeten the mixture with about 5 to 6 tablespoons of honey. Add a pinch of salt and baking powder. Mix everything into a smooth batter.
- If the oven is preheated, beat the egg whites until stiff. Carefully fold the egg white into the quark and egg mixture and stir slowly.
- Put the fluffy dough in portions with a spoon on the baking sheet. Depending on your taste, the rolls can be sprinkled with different kernels or seeds (e.g. sunflower kernels or sesame).
- The quark rolls are baked in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the oven. The delicious alternative to bread rolls is ready: quick, easy, low-carb !